The Regional Arts in Healthcare Symposium
is currently accepting presentation abstracts and has extended the deadline through September 19, 2014
The symposium will be held November 16 - 17, 2014 at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. It is designed to engage artists and healthcare providers who have an interest in building or expanding an arts and health practice.
Presentation proposals should focus on the central idea, “Arts in Health: Patients, Providers and the Community.” Presenters are encouraged to submit abstracts detailing innovative and unique arts in health programs which demonstrate the value to patients of engaging with art, or the value to providers of engaging with art in their personal lives and in their practice.
Possible areas for presentation include but are not limited to
- the value of engaging patients with bedside arts programs, music, dance or theatre performance in hospital public spaces, and hospital art collections
- new research models to measure the value of arts programming in healthcare settings
- integrating arts in health/health humanities in medical education
- narrative and storytelling as tools for improved patient communications
- arts as a tool for avoiding burnout in medical training and practice
- arts as a way for caregivers to take care of themselves
- arts as a method for improving community health
For detailed abstract guidelines or submission questions, contact the Mayo Clinic Dolores Jean Lavins Center for Humanities in Medicine at 507-284-5266 or by email at .