We need your input, energy and creative talents!
Get involved with the 2010 conference
pARTners for HEALTH
Society for the Arts in Healthcare's 21st Annual
Hosted by the University of Minnesota
April 28 – May 1, 2010, Minneapolis, MN
Learn about best practices, model programs and cutting-edge research
at the most comprehensive arts in healthcare event!
The Board of Directors of The Society for the Arts in Healthcare has unanimously chosen Minneapolis as the site for the 2010 International Conference on Arts & Healthcare. Thank-you to Gary Christenson, M.D. at the University of Minnesota for putting together a super proposal. Another strong point in our favor, noted by the board, is the growing membership and enthusiasm of our regional MAIHN group.
Please contact if you are interested in helping plan the conference or community celebration which will take place during the entire month of April.
This key event features:
- Presentations from leading voices in the field
- Posters featuring innovative programs
- Special events with unmatched opportunity for sharing and networking
- Keynote speakers who are arts in healthcare experts
- Performances filled with wonderful and unique artistry
- Unlimited creative approaches to health and healing
Who Should Attend?
Professionals and students in the following areas:
- Art, Health and Design Educators
- Art, Music, Drama and Dance Therapists
- Artists of all disciplines
- Arts Administrators
- Community Service Providers
- Chaplains and Clergy
- Child Life Specialists
- Expressive Arts Therapists
- Hospital Administrators
- Hospital and Hospice Volunteer Coordinators
- Interior Designers
- Landscape Architects
- Mental Health Providers
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Social Workers
- Anyone interested in learning more about the role of the arts in healthcare
Benefits of Attending
This conference will help you to:
- Explore model arts in healthcare programs and built environments in a wide range of traditional and non-traditional healthcare settings throughout the world
- Gain strategies to successfully position arts in healthcare programs in hospitals and hospices, medical education, arts and social service organizations
- Understand how research and evaluation support and sustain the development of arts in healthcare programs
- Develop the leadership skills and best practices necessary to excel in today’s new area of healthcare innovation and accountability
This conference will present opportunities to:
- Network with your colleagues around the globe – Africa, Australia, Ireland, the United Kingdom, Canada and the US, among others.
- Discover world class arts in healthcare programs and research from a spectacular array of over 100 presentations, posters and performers featuring music, dance, drama, design, visual and literary arts – the healing arts in hospitals, healthcare and arts centers that support patients, their families and communities.
- Visit the Walker Art Center and the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, a modern art museum with over 30,000 square feet of exhibit space and a sculpture garden with a beautifully landscaped collection of unique artwork. Enjoy a trip to the St. Anthony Main District, the oldest area of Minneapolis. Take in a performance at the stunning new Guthrie Theater. Located on the west bank of the Mississippi River on the west side of downtown, the Guthrie offers spectacular views of St. Anthony Falls and the Stone Arch Bridge.